Scott E Masten
- University : University of Michigan
- Department : Ross School of Business
- Country : United States
- Email : (Email addresses visible only to logged-in members)
Main research topics :
- Contracting and Private Ordering
- Firm Boundaries and Internal Organization
Representative publications : please login to update it
"Authority and Commitment: Why Universities, Like Legislatures, Are Not Organized As Firms," Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, 15, Fall 2006, 649-84.
"Long-Term Contracts and Short-Term Commitment: Price Determination for Heterogeneous Freight Transactions," American Law and Economics Review, 11, Spring 2009, pp. 79-111.
"Public Utility Ownership in 19th-Century America: The 'Aberrant' Case of Water," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization 2010; doi: 10.1093/jleo/ewp041